When the Golden Globe nominations are unveiled at 5 a.m. PT Thursday morning, here’s what you can expect to see on the film list based upon my brazen snooping around the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and my own kudos expertise. Check out how my picks compare to those of 23 other experts making predictions at Gold Derby – also our Top 24 Users (best predictions last year), Top 24 All Stars (best predictions over the past few years) and all Users. Here are Gold Derby’s latest racetrack odds based upon a combination of all predictions.
Disagree? Make your own predictions here and see if you can best us!
UPDATED: 4 p.m. PT — I’ve revised some of my predictions posted below earlier today based upon more input from various sources.
BEST DRAMA PICTURE
“A Star is Born”
“If Beale Street Could Talk”
“Star Is Born,” “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Black Panther” are locks. Don’t pay attention to the idiot film critics who bashed “Bohemian.” They started gunning for it even before they saw it. They’re wrong. Audiences know that (A+ Cinemascore; $540 million b.o. worldwide) and so do Globe voters. In fact, from what I hear, they’re wild for “Bohemian.”
- Oscar predictions: Tom O’Neil explains why he’s picking ‘Roma’ to win Best Picture
- 2 Oscar Experts’ predictions PANIC: Pete vs. Tom on Best Picture race – HELP! [Video & audio podcast]
- Advanced Imaging Society: Those gutsy, golden Lumiere Awards advance to the big league
- Oscar predictions mystery: What’s REALLY ahead to win Best Picture? Tom O’Neil tracks the derby
- Cast your vote for the Razzie Redeemer Award right here at Gold Derby!
- Squish! Donald and Melania Trump get pelted with Razzie Award nominations!
- Gold Derby offers the inside track to Hollywood leaders at Awards Upfront
- Oscars cliffhanger = Best Picture race: Tom O’Neil tracks the 5 frontrunners
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globe predictions: Don’t argue with me!
- Oscars update: Tom O’Neil handicaps the Best Picture race – It’s a real derby, damn it!
5A Star Is Born12/1
- Updated on: 10 Feb 19, 05:37 am PT