It’s been nearly three decades since past Razzie Award winner Donald Trump competed at Hollywood’s kudos for Worst of the Year, but now he has two new chances for more glory. When Razzie nominations were announced today, Trump landed bids for Worst Actor and Worst Screen Combo alongside “his self-perpetuating pettiness,” according to Razzies chief John Wilson. Trump’s real-life partner Melania nabbed a nomination for Worst Supporting Actress. Both are honored for portraying themselves in Dinesh D’Souza‘s “Death of a Nation” and Michael Moore‘s “Fahrenheit 11/9.”
In the battle over Worst Actor of the Year, Trump competes against Johnny Depp (voice in “Sherlock Gnomes”), Will Ferrell (“Holmes & Watson”), John Travolta (“Gotti”) and Bruce Willis (“Death Wish”).
Melania’s rivals are Kellyanne Conway (“Fahrenheit 11/9”), Marcia Gay Harden (“Fifty Shades Freed”), Kelly Preston (“Gotti”) and Jaz Sinclair (“Slender Man”).
In 1991, Donald Trump won Worst Supporting Actor for “Ghosts Can’t Do It,” but lost a second award. Worst New Star went to Sofia Coppola after her widely ridiculed performance in her dad’s “The Godfather: Part III.”
- Oscar predictions: Tom O’Neil explains why he’s picking ‘Roma’ to win Best Picture
- 2 Oscar Experts’ predictions PANIC: Pete vs. Tom on Best Picture race – HELP! [Video & audio podcast]
- Advanced Imaging Society: Those gutsy, golden Lumiere Awards advance to the big league
- Oscar predictions mystery: What’s REALLY ahead to win Best Picture? Tom O’Neil tracks the derby
- Cast your vote for the Razzie Redeemer Award right here at Gold Derby!
- Squish! Donald and Melania Trump get pelted with Razzie Award nominations!
- Gold Derby offers the inside track to Hollywood leaders at Awards Upfront
- Oscars cliffhanger = Best Picture race: Tom O’Neil tracks the 5 frontrunners
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globe predictions: Don’t argue with me!
- Oscars update: Tom O’Neil handicaps the Best Picture race – It’s a real derby, damn it!
5A Star Is Born12/1
- Updated on: 10 Feb 19, 05:37 am PT