Veteran Oscar predictions expert Thelma Adams is scooting out on a shaky limb in the Best Actress category to pick recent BAFTA champ Olivia Colman (“The Favourite”) over Gold Derby frontrunner Glenn Close (“The Wife”). “I’m on a BAFTA high!” Thelma confesses in this webcam chat with Gold Derby Executive Editor Paul Sheehan and me. Watch above or listen to the audio podcast below.
“I go with my gut that says people really love Olivia Colman’s role,” Thelma adds. “I just feel her rising.”
Paul is impressed that “Roma” nabbed a large enough plurality vote among the five Best Picture nominees at BAFTA to win “over ‘The Favourite,’ which led with the most nominations and the most wins,” Paul says. “So that tells me that, if you extend that over to the Oscars with its 8 nominees that ‘Roma’s’ going to be ranking pretty darn high on that preferential ballot.”
- Watch 3 Gold Derby pundits battle over Oscar predictions: Thelma Adams, Paul Sheehan and Tom O’Neil [Video & audio podcast]
- Oscar predictions: Tom O’Neil explains why he’s picking ‘Roma’ to win Best Picture
- 2 Oscar Experts’ predictions PANIC: Pete vs. Tom on Best Picture race – HELP! [Video & audio podcast]
- Advanced Imaging Society: Those gutsy, golden Lumiere Awards advance to the big league
- Oscar predictions mystery: What’s REALLY ahead to win Best Picture? Tom O’Neil tracks the derby
- Cast your vote for the Razzie Redeemer Award right here at Gold Derby!
- Squish! Donald and Melania Trump get pelted with Razzie Award nominations!
- Gold Derby offers the inside track to Hollywood leaders at Awards Upfront
- Oscars cliffhanger = Best Picture race: Tom O’Neil tracks the 5 frontrunners
- Tom O’Neil’s 100% accurate Golden Globe predictions: Don’t argue with me!
5A Star Is Born12/1
- Updated on: 10 Feb 19, 05:37 am PT