Home Forums Television 2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

2019 Emmy Predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 473 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
1 min ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Luca Giliberti
Eden
wolfali
  • Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s this? The Handmaids Tale won’t be contending in this year’s emmy races?

It premieres on June 5th, unfortunately.

ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Nice to see Indiewire coming to GoldDerby for ideas.

ReplyCopy URL
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Participant
    Topics:

I am really shocked that me and Sasha are the only ones that remember last Emmy season, a few reminders of the obstacles that season seven had, but won regardless:

– The season aired exactly 1 year ago.
    – It was their weakest season.
    – It had huge backlash for almost every single episode.
    – The competition was better in everything, but especially:
    -The Americans and The Crown in quality
    -The Handmaid´s Tale and This is us in buzz
    – Westworld and Stranger Things in devoted fan bases, since GoT devoted fan base is hating hard the last season.
    – Actors that no one likes with the exception of Dinklage.

Due to all of that, GoT lost:
    -Their Direction and Screenplay wins to the two extremely prestigious dramas – The Crown and The Americans.
    – Casting, Editing, Production design and Cinematography to his follow noms.
    – Lena Headey losing one more time to Thandie Newton.
    – Losing the nominations of Clarke and Harrington.

And EVEN after all of THAT, they won Drama and Supporting actor, so with the FINAL season airing just before the Emmys, they are going to win much more no matter how much better is the competition, they would have won with Big Little Lies, THT, The Crown, Stranger Things and Westworld all in, so it is understandable that all of them decided to wait.

In the first page of this thread I told you that this was going to happen, I was right about THT and I am sure that I am going to be right about The Crown as well, Netflix are ambitions, but they are not stupid at all. Nothing can impress Eduardo.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I am really shocked that me and Sasha are the only ones that remember last Emmy season, a few reminders of the obstacles that season seven had, but won regardless: – The season aired exactly 1 year ago. – It was their weakest season. – It had huge backlash for almost every single episode. – The competition was better in everything, but especially: -The Americans and The Crown in quality -The Handmaid´s Tale and This is us in buzz – Westworld and Stranger Things in devoted fan bases, since GoT devoted fan base is hating hard the last season. – Actors that no one likes with the exception of Dinklage.

You might have had a point if any of that was true

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think HBO is making a mistake for Big Little Lies. Nicole Kidman would have likely won, same for Meryl Streep. Next year, I’m not so sure. And even for the Golden Globes,  I can see Ratched and Sarah Paulson winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    DvirBA
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think HBO is making a mistake for Big Little Lies. Nicole Kidman would have likely won, same for Meryl Streep. Next year, I’m not so sure. And even for the Golden Globes, I can see Ratched and Sarah Paulson winning.

The way I see it what matters the most is the big prize, and this way they have great chances in both years. And also a fine chance in the other categories. BLL and GoT against each other would have hurt both, in all categories

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  Dvir B.A..
    ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

So everyone is scared as fuck of Game of Thrones huh

ReplyCopy URL
    ginnala
    Participant
    Topics:

The way I see it what matters the most is the big prize, and this way they have great chances in both years. And also a fine chance in the other categories. BLL and GoT against each other would have hurt both, in all categories

There is absolutely no competition between BLL’s and GoT’s actresses tho. I understand that the strategy is having both of them winning Drama Series, but I don’t see BLL still being relevant enough in September 2020 to win, as amazing as s2 can be.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew anzalone
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think HBO is making a mistake for Big Little Lies. Nicole Kidman would have likely won, same for Meryl Streep. Next year, I’m not so sure. And even for the Golden Globes, I can see Ratched and Sarah Paulson winning.

There is no way the globes are not gonna deny streep. Kidman however I dont think she will win but I could be wrong

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Nothing remotely official yet, but we are being told to have “The Crown” in the Emmy predictions center when it launches this month. They might change their minds later, but it will be in there as we launch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Heptapod
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, after thinking that supporting drama actress was going to be the most insanely packed category we’ve seen in forever, it’s now pretty much looking like a wasteland. We’ll definitely see three GoT actresses now. I think Headey and Williams are surefires, and Turner will probably take that third slot. However, if Clarke moves back to supporting, Turner probably won’t make it in. Good news is that Julia Garner will probably be nominated now! With those four and Helena Bonham Carter, who I think we can all say is a safe bet as long as The Crown premieres in time, I’m having a little bit of trouble with where the sixth slot will go. While I suspect that they may be over This Is Us, the sheer absence of contenders might end up being great for one of the ladies from that show. I wouldn’t be shocked if Chrissy Metz returned, but I think that Susan Kelechi Watson has a better shot just because Beth has had much better content this time around. However, we still have half a season left to go, so there’s still time to see. One thing that could happen could be a return for Uzo Aduba? It’s a long shot, but I wouldn’t be shocked, as they seem to really like her, and the response to the sixth season has been better than season five. If Haunting of Hill House decides to go drama, Kate Siegel or Elizabeth Reaser could easily slide into that spot, but the complete absence of love for that show anywhere else has me worried. I’ve never seen Better Call Saul, but Rhea Seehorn is a name that I’ve heard floating around… but that show seems to have almost zero buzz and will likely just get its usual write-in nominations for series, Odenkirk, and Banks. This is hard! Okay, so assuming Clarke and Comer stay lead, here are my predictions:

Helena Bonham Carter – The Crown
    Julia Garner – Ozark
    Lena Headey – Game of Thrones
    Sophie Turner – Game of Thrones
    Susan Kelechi Watson – This Is Us
    Maisie Williams – Game of Thrones

ReplyCopy URL
    TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

Helena Bonham Carter – The Crown
    Julia Garner – Ozark
    Lena Headey – Game of Thrones
    Sophie Turner – Game of Thrones
    Susan Kelechi Watson – This Is Us
    Maisie Williams – Game of Thrones

I think this is spot on actually but if Clarke switches to supporting, I think Watson would be the most vulnerable. I think the Emmys are going to go all out for the final season of Thrones and nominate all the main stars.

ReplyCopy URL
    akyanks
    Participant
    Topics:

If Succession is actually a hit at the Emmys I could see Sarah Snook claiming the sixth spot. It’s not something I’d predict with certainty, but I have her around 7 or 8 right now.

ReplyCopy URL
    forwardswill
    Participant
    Topics:

Couldn’t THT just submit for eligibility based on the episodes that weren’t eligible last year? (In Limited I mean)

ReplyCopy URL
    furbul
    Participant
    Topics:

Wouldn’t they need at least 6 episodes?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 473 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.