Home Forums Movies FINAL CHANCE TO VOTE! 2019 Gold Derby Film Awards Nominations

FINAL CHANCE TO VOTE! 2019 Gold Derby Film Awards Nominations

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
10 hours ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Wigseau
Andrew D
TheVanillaSun
  • Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

Nobody knows awards better than the experts, editors and users at Gold Derby, so we launched our own prizes for film in 2002 and for TV in 2004. Vote for your favorites in 22 categories for the Gold Derby Film Awards Nominations 2019. You can rank your top three choices in almost every category except for Best Picture, for which you can vote for five choices. Vote by clicking on a category. Grab contenders one by one from the left column and add them to the right column by clicking on the green + symbol. Arrange in the order you choose to vote (#1 is your top choice). Grab each entry and move it up or down. You have until the end of January 27 to make or change your final selections.

Chris Beachum
    Keymaster
    Topics:

You can campaign in this thread for some of your favorites, but keep it limited to around 5 or 6. Any more than that or posting your entire ballot will cause it to be deleted.

You will notice in the acting categories that several borderline people are listed as both lead and supporting. Since the Oscar voters have that luxury, we want for you to vote for actors and actresses where you determine is best. A person can only be nominated once for that role, however (whichever category has them in the top five with the most votes).

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we agree on the placements on some performances before?I think
    Emily Blunt is lead in A Quiet Place
    Timothee Chalamet is lead in Beautiful Boy
    Mahershala Ali is lead in Green Book
    and what about The Favourite ladies?

ReplyCopy URL
    Wigseau
    Participant
    Topics:

Yasss. I hope we don’t act like sheeps this year. People Charlize Theron, Yalitza Aparicio, Amandla Stenberg Russell Hornsby and Kayli Carter deserve some recognition.

This year I stan: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Joanna Kulig, Sam Elliott and Toni Collette (at the moment).

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we agree on the placements on some performances before?I think
    Emily Blunt is lead in A Quiet Place
    Timothee Chalamet is lead in Beautiful Boy
    Mahershala Ali is lead in Green Book

I think everyone ( right or wrong ) should be in the category they are in at the Oscars so there is less confusion

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    Wigseau
    Participant
    Topics:

Avengers: Infinity War would make my top 5 right now and I can’t vote for it.

This year I stan: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Joanna Kulig, Sam Elliott and Toni Collette (at the moment).

ReplyCopy URL
    Eden
    Participant
    Topics:

I will post my FYC post later, just wanted to say two things. First, to everyone voting, please vote who whoever you think was the best, not the Oscar frontrunners. I want to see these awards praising inspiring and deserving nominees rather than trying to predict the Oscars. And second, I agree that something should be done about the double category placements.

ReplyCopy URL
    Wigseau
    Participant
    Topics:

I think everyone ( right or wrong ) should be in the category they are in at the Oscars so there is less confusion

I don’t agree with that. We nominated Jacob Tremblay as lead in 2015 even though for the Academy he was included as supporting. We did the right thing, and we should do it again in with the cases we think they are category fraud.

ReplyCopy URL
    Wigseau
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t find Panos Cosmatos for Mandy in the Best Director category 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    AWDubay
    Participant
    Topics:

Well then we should have rules , cause Emily Blunt was the best in a Quiet place for me .. but i cant have her top both lists for the same performance

Andrewsart.etsy.com

Check out my online store 🙂

ReplyCopy URL
    LaChienne
    Participant
    Topics:

Tbh I saw Stone and Weisz as co-lead and Colman as supporting. But I already had three in actress and I’m a selfish hoe so I nominated Weisz in supporting so I could vote for her as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Wigseau
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t vote for Josh Brolin as Best Supporting Actor for Avengers: Infinity War neither. 🙁

ReplyCopy URL
    Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we Please add Avengers: Infinity War and Paddington 2 for Best Picture. Also, the cast be in the acting categories for both of those films please.

ReplyCopy URL
    MKnight98
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we PLEASE add Avengers: Infinity War to Best Picture, Best Director, Adapted Screenplay, Ensemble, and add Josh Brolin as Thanos for Supporting Actor? Thanks!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  MKnight98.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Luca Giliberti
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow, I had no idea we’d start so early with this. I still haven’t seen very many movies unfortunately. I will watch Crazy Rich Asians tonight, Roma and Bohemian sometime this week, and if I have time, Beautiful Boy.

I love this time of the year though!

FYC Oscars 2019: Viola Davis (Widows) - Best Actress

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.