February 11, 2019 at 1:35 pm #1202772507
1. everything cardi b touches
2. queen janelle
3. dua and annie eye-fucking each other
4. kacey’s performance and big win
5. papi aubrey
SQFebruary 11, 2019 at 1:55 pm #1202772517
1. Kacey Musgraves winning Album of the Year
2. “Havana” Opener
3. Brandi Carlile Performing “The Joke”
4. Janelle Monáe’s Performance
5. Lady Gaga Performing “Shallow”
SQFebruary 11, 2019 at 6:07 pm #1202772740
1.Janelle Monae’s performance
2.Dua & St Vincent making me doubt my sexuality
3.Gaga winning a televised award
4.Kacey getting on the stage four times
5.Alicia Keys as a host
Bonus : Post Malone leaving the stage
SQFebruary 12, 2019 at 6:47 am #1202773287
I didn’t watch but here are my favourite things about the winners:
1 Yay for every trophy they gave to This Is America
2 About time women were awarded generously and in categories that are considered important
3 About time women ruled in rap cats as well
4 Go St Vincent
5 Three-time Grammy winner Jimmy Carter? I like the sound of that
Who is / was a better AMPAS president, Cheryl Boone Isaacs or John Bailey? Why?February 12, 2019 at 7:15 am #1202773308
Cheryl Boone Isaacs. No question. All the diversity strides she implemented for the Academy membership will be her legacy.
1. St. Vincent/Dua Lipa performance: absolutely incendiary!
2. GAGA’s acceptance speech/surprise “Joanne” win/”Shallow” performance (though it lent itself to her Bowie tribute a bit too much)
3. Drake’s Grammy takedown acceptance speech (before being rudely cutoff)
4. Janelle Monáe performance medley. Fantastic! She’s a boss. Should have won AOTY.
5. Michelle. Obama. ‘Nuff said.
Five worst Grammy moments?February 12, 2019 at 8:03 am #1202773338
1.Post Malone doing whatever he was doing
2.This Is America winning Record Of The Year
3.Childish Gambino ignoring the grammys
4.Drake being disrespectful
5.Tributes : Dolly’s was unnecesary, Aretha’s was awful and Diana’s was….Um…
SQFebruary 12, 2019 at 9:01 am #1202773401
1. Alicia’s camera mugging. Wasn’t here for that shit at all. That time took away from the minuscule amount of acceptance speeches that we did receive this year.
2. Childish Gambino’s no-show. There was no way to know he was about to make Grammy GF history, but still. Make your political statement by not performing, but at least attend and cover your bases. There’s only one first.
3. Camila Cabello’s very messy opening number. Nope.
4. Travis Scott’s “performance.” Complete waste of time.
5. Post Malone. The guitar break showed a bit of artistry that I didn’t think was there, so points for that. Otherwise, he should be very glad that RHCP was there to save his performance medley.
SQFebruary 12, 2019 at 5:09 pm #1202773969
1. what’s-his-face having the guts to show up after the whole step up comment
2. alicia keys being completely high and self indulgent
3. the speeches being cut
4. post malone’s presence
5. the no-shows
SQFebruary 13, 2019 at 11:32 am #1202774769
Top three princesses films?February 13, 2019 at 10:29 pm #1202775480
Princess and the Frog
Who are you most sad went to their grave without an OscarFebruary 13, 2019 at 11:27 pm #1202775532
SQFebruary 14, 2019 at 1:06 am #1202775636
SQFebruary 14, 2019 at 2:01 am #1202775673
judy garland, although technically she had that juvenile award thing
SQFebruary 14, 2019 at 5:17 am #1202775774
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.